I got the chance to try out the new versions of these recipes and I can say that I like them. I found that they are probably less expensive and still just as good as the recipes with stearic acid. The hardness which is the reason for adding the stearic acid is not really affected much because of what I replace it with was hard oils. Both recipes lather really well this time. My favorite of the two is still the lard recipe but only because I like the nice natural white of the soap. Plus I think the lard soap is cheaper. I shall have to do an update on which one is the less expensive one.
Experimental Recipe 1A
30% Palm oil Cleansing - 17
10% Castor oil Conditioning - 56
35% Corn oil Bubbly - 26
Creamy - 32
Iodine - 68
INS - 142
Experiamental Recipe 1A. In the first recipe I used Sugar plum fragrance oil from Voyageur Soap & Candle Company. I did not like this scent in the bottle but it was ok once in the soap and is getting better as it cures. It doesn't seem to be discoloring the soap so far but it did accelerate trace a bit. I used purple utramarine for the purple color and cotton candy pink mica both of which also came from Voyageur Soap & Candle Company. I like the way both colors turned out. I especially like the pink since I've had trouble creating a nice pink in the past. I finally found a keeper. I did a layering effect by spooning the soap onto the next layer but it didn't really work that well. My layers turned out very uneven but not in a pretty way. lol
Here is the video of me making recipe 1A.
Experimental Recipe 2A
28% Corn oil Conditioning - 56
44% Lard Bubbly - 21
Creamy - 32
Iodine - 67
INS - 140
Experimental Recipe 2A. In this recipe I used Buttercream Fragrance Oil from Natures Garden. It was suppose to discolor and it does. It didn't accelerate trace on me at all. I love this frangrance in the bottle but find it looses something in the soap. I think that it will do better in soap mixed with another fragrance oil. I used cocoa powder for the brown and titanium dioxide (oil soluable) for the white. I wanted to see if the white in the scented portion of the soap would make a difference at all in the color of the final bar. It does seem to be lighter so far. I love the layering on this bar and will probably do that again in my final soap bar recipe. I did a cotton candy mica swirl on top. It looked really pretty I must say. I purchased my colors from Voyageur Soap & Candle company. And I used soap shreads of different colors to look like candy sprinkles on top. Kinda worked but I think I should just use real spinkles next time. I did still have some specks in this batch. I've come to the conclusion that they must be air bubbles that I can see in the uncolored soap. I also did a different layering technique in this one. I poured the soap onto the spatula to stop the flow of the soap so as not to break through the previous layer of soap. This technique worked better than the spoon method for sure.
Here is the video of my making recipe 2A